The Soul Nebula.

ollypenrice

I'm taking my first proper look at this, currently shooting in Ha. It's actually a really nice object in its own right and, being so much smaller than its famous neighbour, it fits on more chips.

There was a really outstanding HaO111RGB published in the French mag a while back. Recommended.

Olly

It's a beauty of a nebula, isn't it? So many great areas of interest in Ha, but also very colourful! I just love this image of it; not the same one you mention is it? http://www.starpoint.../heartsoul.html

... and, being so much smaller than its famous neighbour, it fits on more chips...

I found I had to rotate the camera to just squeeze it onto the chip of my DSLR:

med_gallery_17708_1315_1338790556_16908.jpg

Would love to go back for some more data, but focusing on the Heart at the moment :) Thankfully, they'll both be around for several more months!

Looking forward to your take on it Olly - When will you finish it, tomorrow?!!!

Alas not. In the Tak at F3.9 I could get something quite good in two nights but I'm at F6 in a review scope. It'll take twice as long and I do want an O111 layer as well. The French imager really showed how important that is. However I'm not complaining. I have alsmost the same framing as Lewis with 480mm FL and a 15mm square chip. I got just under five hours last night in Ha but it is still pretty noisy.

Olly

Archived