SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Beautiful skies down south UK

allcart

At last a clear night, not a cloud in the sky. I went out to a bit of darker sky early on to get the shots of the ISS that I have been trying to get for days. Captured it successfully in 20x 5sec frames. I just need to process them and stack them for the final image. Went home again as I was on my own in a remote area where bad boys get up to bad things, and I didn't feel at ease on my own with £3K of camera.

Set up for some wide shots in the garden. Unfortunately I have limited views due to the super bright lamp post shining over my back garden. I can only look north , south or straight up if I shroud the lens. I started with the 20mm f2.8 and finished with the 50 f1.4. I will have to devise a hood for the 20mm because I am getting too much flare from the lamp post. Grrr.

Anyway, I got plenty of pics of the cassiopeia region.

Last night I played with the 400mm lens, but cloud was an issue. Stars actually move a lot faster with a tele on. Most frustrating when you are trying to shoot at 1120mm .

I tried again tonight Got some pics of Capella and tried to split Mizar, but don't know how well until i edit.

Having fun anyways. :smiley:

Archived