Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Helios Quantum 6.2 observational binoculars

Hi,

I’m looking into purchasing a pair of Helios Quantum 6.2 observational binoculars (100mm version). I wondered if any forum member was already using a pair and could give feedback? A number of points are causing me some concern. Firstly these binoculars look as if they were designed to use a U-fork but these aren’t available-the 7 series do come with a bespoke mount/tripod. Does any member know either where a suitable U-fork can be obtained or what tripod (the binoculars weigh 5.5kg) could be used to take advantage of the 90 degree design? The binoculars come with a carrying handle which can be removed to insert a red dot finder-again any help with a suitable finder to fit the holder would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi everyone. I have found an old review by SGL Member durr posted in April 2008 which is very helpful on the main matter of the binoculars-thanks! Tripods/heads can be expensive, but I have come across a heavy duty tripod-a Vanguard Tracker 4 at £140.49 which is much cheaper than a Manfrotto and has good reviews. It has a carrying capacity of 10kg so well above the 5.5kg weight of the binoculars which should be ok to use.

Thanks again,

Steve

Archived