Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can't obtain focus with my 1000d and Megrez 80 II

IvanT

I'm having a problem with my recently acquired Megrez 80 II. When the camera is connected via the erector I can focus and image but when connected direct to the focus tube I can't get any stars to appear on live view. I'm using the unscrewed nose piece from the 2" extender tube to attach the T-Ring.

Should that work or do I need to buy the camera adapter?

post-7912-13447816761_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dan, I'll look into one of those then. Also, am I correct in saying that a field flattener will reduce the need for additional back focus and is usually required anyway for imaging with these scope?

Ivan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as far as my knowledge goes (not very far :p) i think it reduces the amount of travel you need to obtain focus so you may just need a T2 and your FF and stick it in the focuser tube not too sure though i have never use a FF hope you get sorted im sure some one else will be along with a better answer

Archived