NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon Pic - unusual method!

Interested

My new Tak arrived Tuesday, unfortunately I was only sent the OTA and not the tube holder/finder scope that should have come with it. I took this pic using the Tak & 550D just to check out manual focussing.Never used the 550 for astro. I held the scope in one hand and focussed/took the pic with the other. Looking foward to getting it up on the mount so I can set it up for the other cameras.

Anyway......erm, 1 exposure of 1/250s @ ISO 200, no filters & no mount :grin:

post-12346-0-38952700-1344034948_thumb.j

Please excuse my bit of fun - just frustrated that I have scope I can't use in earnest at the moment - should have the rest of it next week.

Thanks for the comments. The glow in the right hand corner is glow from a street light (it was just right of the moon). Picture was taken from the front door. Yes, I am pleased with the image because, given the circumstances it's quite sharp. Bodes well for when the scope is mounted and I can concentrate on focussing rather concentrate on not dropping the scope :smiley: !

Archived