NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Televue 0.85 reducer with a Meade 127 APO refractor

greetings

I would like to take some faster images and of large objects like M31. I also have the blue halo problem on longer exposures, where the brighter stars can suffer for a blue/violet fringe around them. From doing some research the Televue TFL-4087 looks like a good match to this scope. The scope is a Meade 127 APO f7.5 refractor.

It is quite expensive though so I wanted to check to see if any other users have it. I also have read that the redcure to DSLR chip distance is pretty important. I have a Canon 1100D with a standard T ring so I was wondering if I needed a spacer perhaps.

any info most appreciated

see this image below for example of the blue fringe problem..

m57%20ring.png

I don't know about the Televue focal reducer, but blue haloes can often be easily 'cured' in software. I had a quick go with your image and used the 'chromatic aberation removal' in function in Paint Shop Pro. Litterally one click gets rid of the blue halos.

m5720ring-2.jpg

Archived