Sun In White Light 29-7-2012. 09:00

Steve Ward

Took a new approach to the process this morning........ :rolleyes:

Have noticed that whereas one region may be nice and crisp on a given frame another feature can be spoilt by the boiling effect.

To counter this I loaded all 185 frames shot into Reg5 for a close-up view of things , concentrated on the spot with the lightbridge and went through frame by frame to pick the very best files.

I noted the file numbers ( pencil and paper still have a place here... :p ) and then returned to frame 1 , refocused my attention on the large AR and repeated the exercise.

I then cross-referenced the 2 lists and picked out the frames that showed clean , crisp detail in both regions on the same frame.

Moved these frames ( 46 in all ) to a new folder , popped them all through Reg5 and Bingo........ :laugh:

1000D + ED 80 Pro + ND3.8 + 1.8x Barlow.

46 / 185 . 1/1600s @ ISO 100 , Reg5.

CDoneSteve.jpg

Nice new AR peeping round the corner at 9 'o' clock............ :laugh:

I thought it was Registax job to sort the frames! Actually there is quite a bit of sense in your method, it is well worth discarding "poor" frames and letting Regi do its thing on the good ones alone.

A very good, crisp image!

PS You see a lot of images on here where folk are only taking a few frames - It really does pay to take 100+ sometimes - just look at your results!

Thanks Roger , Wouldn't be here without you..... :laugh:

I put them through as normal at 95% but just didn't look right somehow so tried again using a different alignpoint to look at for a reference frame and lost the lightbridge .......

It was then that I noticed that different areas were showing good on different frames and the old light came on ..... :p

All I want now is one of these to hang on the ED80...............

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/9ce6c879#/9ce6c879/17

Archived