Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon 1000D Mod

Hello,

A while back, I modified my camera myself. In the price I accidentally damaged the Baader UV/IR filter I was going to put into the camera. So with the damaged filter in place, I put the camera back together but the spots do show up in the image as black spots (not that large but still very noticeable). I eventually got annoyed with the spots so I removed the filter and replaced it with nothing. Canon's self-cleaning filter is still in the camera though. My question is whether the self-cleaning filter blocks the UV/IR. I am imaging with a refractor. I did some tests and it I don't notice any difference in colour from an image taken with the Baader filter and without. I took an image of the sun to see if any false colour was being introduced now that I don't have the UV/IR filter but the image came out clean.

Jacob

Archived