NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro what?

jonathan

Oh... is it something to do with Star Wars and the little white droid? Seriously, it feels like I have almost forgotten that I had a telescope, but for the big white mount patiently sitting in the corner of the room. Even now, when the forecasters say the jet stream is finally moving away, last night was overcast (after a reasonable but cloudy day). I have missed a couple of good solar observing days because I didn't have the right screws for my new Vixen dovetail bar, but I have those now so I should be ready. Hoping there may be some sunny breaks this afternoon.

It is time to charge the tanks and heave to. Bring it on!

There is only so much fettling, modifications and reading of books that you can do to maintain some semblance of commitment to astronomy beneath our cloudy world. Mind you, just a couple of good clear nights under our belts and all will be forgiven and at least the weather has been at its worst during the shorter nights when astronomy is a little quieter.

It won't be long now before we are mostly posting in the observing and imaging sections (fingers crossed :grin:).

Clear skies

James

Archived