Synscan EQ3.2 Goto Query

Hi folks

Couple of newbie queries with first time setting up using Goto (without gps).

The mount instructions say that the goto will prompt for Daylight Saving - for the uk I assume I ignore this or do I say no? Leading on from that - what if anything - do I do to take account of BST?

David

You should say Yes to this, or all of your GOTO's will be an hour out - that is assuming you enter the current time as BST, and not GMT. When the clocks go back in October, you enter No for Daylight Savings until British Summer Time starts again in March.

Hi David,

I always set mine to current local time and at present, say yes to Daylight Saving, I find it easier to do it that way, than trying to remember which way to adjust the hour. It is however, the same as setting it to an hour behind (at the moment) and then saying no to Daylight Saving.

One other common mistake is that the date is entered as Month-Date-Year. It catches out a lot of people in the UK.

Ok - I think I've got it:

I enter zero for Current Time Zone (for uk) as per Appendix C in instruction manual, enter current time as local (which for now is BST) and therefore enter a positive response for Daylight saving. Once BST comes to an end I enter local time and a negative for Daylight saving. Then make sure I enter the date in the correct mm/dd/yyyy format.

David

When I had my CG5 I could either but I had to remember to input the time as as appropriate. Best to stick with local time and input yes to BST when appropriate. Less chance of mistakes and finishing 15 degrees out

Hi David,

Correct in every respect. I don't know if you have polar aligned yet, but I found that really hard to set the hour angle on the polar scope, that is until I found this thread, it greatly simplifies the process.

Archived