Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Re-introduced ETX-90

Seeing as Meade Instrument Corp have re-introduced the ETX-90, let us hope they re-introduce the ETX-105. Hopefully if the specs are identical as the 'old' ETX series I may get a replacement mirror cell assembly out of them. My one split/cracked several years ago.

I placed an advert for one on a reputed "ETX" site and Astro Buy & Sell. Had a response. The buyer said he had the plastic mirror cell assembly. We agreed a price and delivery. Got scammed/fleeced. After weeks/months of nothing I have sent him emails asking for his reason for the delay(s), he came up with excuses and if I was desperate enough for it I would have to pay him double then it would be delivered. Two and half years later and severel emails later, I am still waiting.

[ removed ]

Moderators: Please feel free to move or dispose this post.

Did you ever try emailing Meade direct ?

Sometimes people get a response out of them but usually US enquiries. Only ask as for some reason it is always the last thing a person does. Also I think it is (less then half sure however) Telescope House that are the Meade importers.

You could try ScopesnSkies, their astroboot has that sort of thing on it but their shop has an assortment of "bits" sort of sat around, slight chance they may have one.

The other is http://astronomy-mall.com/astro.parts.outlet/list.htm

But cannot see much for an ETX105.

I would have said little chance of one, perhaps the full OTA, and more chance of a used ETX105.

Hi Capricorn,

I don't suppose you have an email address for Meade otherwise 'snail mail'. I have phoned a few times during the past year hoping it may prompt them to re-introduce the '105' (or at least parts for it considering it was theit best sell this side of the Atlantic). Yes, I keep looking at the ScopesnSkies astroboot and also tried Telescope House. Thank you for the link to the other site. I will check it out.

Blast, I see that Meade only supply a phone number for contact, well cannot see an email which these days is a bit odd.

They also say for customers outside US+Canada contact local supplier so if you did get to them then I wouyld suggest a line saying you have tried the local without luck and were trying direct.

Wonder if a US/CAnadian dealer would get and ship, oftens falls foul of rules that places like Meade make but you never know.

I know companies like Meade say use the supplier but there are a range of scope I wouldn't mind one of and the UK dealer has a blank page for them. So no chance of getting one and I guess that the manufacturer would not sell direct because of the "agreement". It works only if the supplier keeps a reasonable range/stock.

Archived