NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which is better?

RoloFanatic

I am in the process of buying a C8-SCT (xlt) telescope.

This scope comes with what i think is the CG5 equatorial mount with Nexstar.

Given that i am planning to try some imaging of planets would i be better of buying the C8 OTA and a HEQ5 pro synscan mount or is the computerised CG5 better?

Any suggestions or advice would be really helpful,

Thanks

Hi Rolo - imho the C8 would be a little undermounted on the CG5GT which is an otherwise smashing mount for smaller ota's. The HEQ5 would be a much better bet - but I think you'd only end up getting an NEQ6 Pro in the end if you fancy serious imaging. So I'd go for that straight off - but a word of warning - it's a heavy lump of metal to carry around if you intend being mobile with it. HTH :)

Hi Rolo - imho the C8 would be a little undermounted on the CG5GT which is an otherwise smashing mount for smaller ota's. The HEQ5 would be a much better bet - but I think you'd only end up getting an NEQ6 Pro in the end if you fancy serious imaging. So I'd go for that straight off - but a word of warning - it's a heavy lump of metal to carry around if you intend being mobile with it. HTH :)

In that case i think i might have to go for the HEQ5 since i dont think i can afford the NEQ6 but i'll keep my eyes open for a second hand NEQ6

Thanks for the reply :smiley:

Archived