Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Topic specific education program's?

Bwfcrus

Hi. I'm quite new to astronomy but I have a good grasp of the basic. I'm looking to buy a series/documentary that goes into abit more detail about certain topics. I have got Carl Sagan and the Brian cox wonders series and they were great to give me a general understanding but I want to know things in more detail now. "an audience with Brian cox" is the only one ive seen that goes into abit of detail, and that was awesome by the way. I'm interested in supervova remnants at the moment but I don't want to watch something that's just going to give me a 2 minute explanation of what a nebular is for example. I want to know everything about them and other topics. I enjoy watching lectures also if u also have any recommendations. thanks

There are some great lectures available on iTunes aimed at undergrads from Yale / Berkley / Oxford that go into some great detail on topics such as galaxy formation, black holes, big bang cosmology as well as solar spectra, nucleo-synthesis etc. Each course starts with an overview and then goes into a lot of detail.

Archived