Good Astronomy Documentaries?

I've really started enjoying the astronomy content on itunes. All free so far. I'm currently working through astronomy 161 which is a series of 40 odd lectures by Richard Pogge of Ohio state university and covers an introduction to the solar system. By and large very informative but some goes a little over my head. Ill next be moving onto astronomy 162 which moves onto the universe. If you go to the website I think you can still get the course notes. There are also various OU courses on there obviously you get no official qualification but might be fun to have a go at sometime

I definitely second these lectures from OSU....I've listened to both161 & 162 several times now...it makes a great alternative to listening to all the normal doom & gloom on the radio on a long journey too and from work. I even downloaded a lot of the material from his website to view along side the podcasts (not whilst driving of course)....

As has already been mentioned there's a ton of stuff on the Internet and being able to watch Carl Sagan for free on You Tube is just amazing...how cool is that!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived