NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

LZOS Turist/Tourist 3 20x50 scope.

Just picked up one of these little Soviet crackers - it's a little 2 draw spotting scope with a 50mm lens and 20x mag. It gives erect images in the correct sense, so it's good for daytime nature observing but for giggles I thought I point it at Saturn last night - and while I couldn't keep it still enough in my hands, on a photo tripod it was obvious that it was the ringed planet, even at that low mag.

It gives very bright images, and is pinpoint sharp around 85% of the FOV just getting a little soft at the edges. It's got coated optics, and the build quality is superb.

Not bad for £23!

post-13076-0-20645600-1339689457_thumb.j

Hi Dodge.

Lovely scope !

I got a similar one off flea bay a few years back, for a silly price.

Mine is also 20x50, but a single draw scope, with extendable light shield. Mine is designated a 33T20x50.

I'm sure you already know, but both were made by the Russian

LZOS (Lytkarino Optical Glass Factory) .........edit: doh !! It's in your thread title.....Lol at me.

Crisp, sharp, images, with minimal CA, but I agree with the sharpness drop off at around 85%. I think it gives about 2 degrees fov. 0% plastic, made of thick aluminium. Good old fashioned Russian tank build !

I have mine held in a Tal finder bracket(with plastic thumbscrews), on a photo tripod.

Not the widest fov in the world, but makes for a nice spotter, especially if you can get one cheap.

Cheers,

Andy.

ps: I'll get some pics of mine up.

Hey Andy,

Pleased someone else has one! I've seen a few different ones around, but all seem to come from LZOS. As you say, typical Soviet construction - all metal and glass and pinpoint sharp across most of the FOV. I'm so pleased with mine, I may just have to pick up another one to leave in the car! The upright and correct image is handy for wildlife, and I reckon it might be quite nice to point at the moon.

It's certainly brighter and sharper than my 10x50 Binos.

As you can see, mine has been well used, but it works well and the optics are excellent. Can't complain as I got it for about £15 :)

This single draw version weighs 0.6kg, is 535mm fully extended and 375mm fully retracted.

7406955136_3e27df73bf_c.jpg

7406976490_787170ef21.jpg

Does yours fold up to a shorter length?

At the price these go for, a collection wouldn't break the bank, or at least the person holding the purse strings wouldn't break me ;)

I quite fancy a Tourist-3 type like yours.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Dodge,

I've just last week picked up the same Tourist-3 scope... unfortunately I think someone's fiddled with this one because it doesn't focus very well!! So I've just been searching the web for a manual... hoping to see if I can find out what the configuration of lenses and spaces should be in the smallest section of the scope. I've tried testing a few different combinations and I can see that changing things around is making a difference but can't quite figure out!!

Just thought I'd drop you a line in case you had a manual or some knowledge of how they should be set up?? I emailed LZOS last week but haven't had a response yet..

Cheers,

Mat

Hey Mat,

It won't focus much closer than 10-15 metres - try winding the focuser all the way in and point at something a long way away. I've not taken mine apart, so I don't know if there's any adjustment at the focuser end.

Keep me posted.

Dodge

• 8 months later...

Archived