Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nikon D70 with 2x Barlow Lens for Celestron NexStar 8SE - Help Please!!

dsbauden

Hi all,

I'm the dreaded newbie with an Astrophotography question. I have a Celestron NexStar 8SE telescope and a Nikon D70 camera. Just to preface, I've only been using them together (Semi-successfully) for a couple of months. I have a T ring adapter and have taken great pics thru the telescope that way, but recently purchased a barlow lens for the camera and i have yet to get anything but a blurred color blob. At first I got nothing but a black screen, but I've since turned off the orientation on the camera, but obviously missing some step to get a focused shot.

If ANYONE has any help they can send my way, I'd be forever grateful. I've finally found Saturn and would love to get some shots that aren't taken thru the eyepiece with my iPhone.

Much appreciated. I've love to be able to post some pics from my lens to yours.

Thanks so much,

Di

It hasn't helped yet :)

Basically it all boils down to this...

If you're moving your focuser IN but can't quite reach a focus - you need to remove some part of the adaptor(s)

If you're moving your focuser OUT but can't quite reach a focus - you need to add something into the optical train.

More or less. Sort of :)

Archived