CPC1100 dovetail bar screw, help needed!!!

I bought two Baader Losmandy dovetails for my cpc1100 and they arrived with the wrong screws, those for the c8!

Is a month that I look for the screws to attach the dovetails, the original ones are too short, but in Italy I have not found the right screws with the British standard pitch, they sell screw only with millimeter pitch.

Someone can tell me what kind of screw the cpc11 have?

I would know so i can buy those on ebay.

Thank you very much.

John, if you are refering to the threads which fit Losmandy equipment, this is UNC ( Unified Course ) by what you have said you seem only to be able to obtain Metric sizes in Italy. Unc machine screws or cap head socket screws are available through Ebay, in the smaller sizes such as 1/4" or 3/8" you can use the alternative in Whitworth, as to all intents and puposes the thread guage is almost identical and these will fit just as well. , when you do your search I would recommend you obtain stainless steel types. HTH :)

John.

Thank you very much, just ordered on ebay 10 screw UNC 1/4" and 10 screw UNC 3/8".

I'is about one month i'm have a 80ed, guidecam, counterweight, wedge and everything to to start photography and i can not use them!!!

In Italy is impossible to find inch pitch screw, i'm contacted a company to make for me but i'm have to buy 5000 screw!!!! :eek:

More easy bay new losmandy bar!!! :grin:

You save me!!!

Ciao :hello:

John

I sourced what I wanted from a company called "Grove Components" they stock a good range of sizes in stainless UNC/UNF, BSF, Cycle and Metric incuding hard to come by threaded stainless rod in these guages, If you require something which is longer than what they advertise, just ask, they were very obliging and supplied me with 12" of 1/4" UNC for my Barn Door project, and 3/8" UNC for the Losmandy base unit I am adapting. Supply threaded bits for old Brirish car restoration it seems :)

John.

Thank you a lot !!!! ;)

I tried every hardware store on 50km range and make a lot of call around italy, I'm looked about whitworth, the second one men i'm asked tell me the screw have whitworth pitch.

Unbelievably not even the Celestron italian importer provides these screws. :embarassed:

The seller of the bars said that the screws on my cpc were strange! :eek:

On the packages is written "C8 screws"!!! :angry1:

If I go to rome the Losmandy bar break his head!! :angry4:

Ciao

Archived