Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eye piece for 10'' LB

Hi folks

can anyone suggest the best (on a budget) eyepieces for my Meade 10'' LB. I have a H12.5, H20, PL6.5, PL25 and a 2'' Meade QX26 (the one that everyone says is rubbish. Why? I know what the H, and PL stand for. Also have a x2 barlow that came with another scope. it has a plastic tube.

I'm quite happy with the above EPs but want to get the best out of the scope without spending more than the scope cost on a couple of EPs.

I'm sure this has discussed many times before on the forum so a link to the thread will do fine.

Are Vixen any good?

Jon

I'm glad you have found the answer !

The Meade QX 26mm looks the part but it's optically very mediocre and has a focus position that is very different from most eyepieces - I found it was almost hanging out of the drawtube with my Meade Lightbridge 12" to get it to focus. A good 2" low power widefield eyepiece is a joy in a good size dobsonian like yours but there are far better ones than the QX 26mm. A Skywatcher Panaview 32mm would give you some lovely views of the larger deep sky objects (2" eyepieces can give a much wider view than 1.25" ones). They cost £80 ish but are very popular on this forum.

Archived