Roll-Away shed obsy - thoughts...

fwm891

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Right. Started getting material quotes from local builders merchants and doing some web searches of the bigger chains just to get the best prices I can for the various things I need.

I've laid out where the 'hole' will be and the inside line of the walls so I can get a feel for things.

Plans have been re-drawn to show the positions of all the stud work and the roof shape - which has changed slightly to provide better lateral support.

Roof will run on 6 pairs of fixed castors: 5 pairs on the roof and two castors on the main building. These pairs will act like pinch rollers to a) keep the castor wheels in the track and B) prevent the roof lifting.

post-14748-0-60638900-1348685632_thumb.j

The castors are simple ' single bolt hole' swivel castors without the usual four hole fixing plate. What I'm doing is sinking the castor mounting into the timber framing of the roof thereby preventing it rotating and it still gives me the 10 mm hole to secure it with in the timber framing.

Will post photo when I get that far through the construction....

Archived