Suitable Carry cases - Evostar 120mm refractor

Hi All,

Hoping for some advice & suggestions. I was looking into purchasing a customisable carry case from Sky's the Limit for my telescope. This was ideal as allowed for padding to be secured by velcro tabs around the OTA, and would hold the tripod (without mount) securely in the same case. I have the SW Evostar 120, which has dimensions (unassembled - star diagonal removed) of length 100cm, 4.75" maximum width of the OTA.

Going on holiday to Galloway Forest in 3 weeks & Sky's the Limit will have no stock for 2 months. Desperately trying to find a solution for storage & transporting my telescope & accessories.

Any suggestions or recommendations on sellers, makes & types of cases that may suit my equipment would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Milton Keynes

TS do a few cases hard and soft.

Cannot see a hard case that says it will take a 100cm scope, will also say your scope is 100cm focal length and the scope length would be less - remove the diagonal and wind the focuser in and the length is less then 100cm. Suggest you try this and measure the result.

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/index.php/cat/c89_Zubehoer-----Taschen--Koffer--Huellen.html

TS hard cases towards the top, soft cases towards to bottom.

There's been a thread on here a little while ago about a carry bag for a 150PL and one suggestion was a golf cover bag. I'm going to be looking at one because I have a 150PL but it may be worth looking to see if there's anything suitable for what you want. They seem to be available for around the £20 mark.

Worth a look :)

Archived