NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello Strangers, Hows It Going?

Daz1974

hope you are all well. Not been around much and consequently not had much of an opportunity to get my telescope out recently.

Looks like I'll be moving out of Stevenage and moving a bit further north to Clifton which has a much better, less built up garden view and does appear to be considerably darker than the current back garden here. So Im hoping this will enhance the viewing conditions when I do get the chance to get the gear out in our new home.

Managed to get setup last night for a bit and concentrated on Saturn as I havent really had a good look at the planet so far. Despite not using the scope for a good few months managed to get setup and aligned in record time, and it was the most accurate I think Ive ever had the GoTo.

Straight onto Saturn and was plum centre of the eyepiece in the 18mm BST, powered up to the 8mm BST with 3x Tal barlow and was surprised at how well the little 130p Skywatcher handled it and how clear Saturn was looking and also how good the mount was tracking, it didnt move from the centre of the eyepiece for the time I was viewing.

After a while I thought I'd have a go with the webcam. Started with the 2x barlow and the SPC cam and it looked OK, thoguht I'd really test it with the 3x Tal and it was spot on. Messed around with registax, more luck than judgement really and ended up with the following image from 2 mins of video.

Seems a little quiet on here, anyone planning on trying another meet in the near future?

QXIPI.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well hello, fellow Stevenage astronomer,

You've been doing better than I have. I was last out on 26 May, since then It hasn't seemed worthwhile. You've got more get up and go.

I spotted in another of your posts that you were at the LDAS party in Letchworth. Ditto. Maybe we met..

Nice Saturn by the way.

Cheers,

David

Archived