NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I Have A Wobbly Diagonal!

When I use my diagonal on my SW MAK 127 it's not very solid. Maybe wobbly gives the wrong impression, what I mean is it rotates too freely. When my scope slews to a position that requires the eyepiece to be at, say 10 o clock, I have to hold it in place or it will just flop down. I have the thumb screws tightened to the point where I don't want to over-do it. Is there something I'm missing? Obviously this is a new scope and I'm a bit confused by this. Thanks in advance :)

I may be on the wrong tack here, but..........

Is the nosepiece loose, where it screws into the diagonal body. I've had this happen a couple of times over the years.

If it is and it hapens again, try applying a dab of loctite(or similar) threadlock. Locks all known threads, solid.

Andy.

I may be on the wrong tack here, but..........

Is the nosepiece loose, where it screws into the diagonal body. I've had this happen a couple of times over the years.

If it is and it hapens again, try applying a dab of loctite(or similar) threadlock. Locks all known threads, solid.

Andy.

Excellent Stuff Andy! I just went and checked and it was a full 3/4 of a turn loose! I'll get some Loctite thread lock from work on Thursday! Thats such a relief, I thought it was a poor setup that I had had, and was stuck with it! Thanks again :)

Archived