Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peter Rogers (Stafford)

inspectapart

After seeing a thread on here today where someone was looking for a bino shop in Coventry, I found the address of a camera shop "Peter Rogers" in Stafford which is close to me,and who supposedly sell Hellios Binos. I am thinking of getting a pair of 15x70 apollos and thought it would be nice to see a pair and hopefully buy localy.I telephoned and asked the assistant at "Peter Rogers Photo" in Stafford if they had the apollo in stock. His reply was " you dont want to be buying anything bigger than 10x50 sir!"

I said you don`t know what I want them for yet. His reply was.... you will certainly regret buying them because it is my experience that people always complain that the larger binocular cannot be held steady. Yes that`s true I said but I will be using a tripod and they will be used for Astronomy. "Never the less I would advise against this size of binocular", he replied. I then found myself trying to explain why the larger bincular is not only prefferable but perfectly fit for purpose. But no matter what I said he didn`t seem to get it. It soon became clear that I wouldn`t be buying my Helios apollo bins from this shop regardless. It`s a shame that some shops are so poor at providing service. No wonder high street shops are closing down to the internet. what a shame. FLO here I come!!

Bob.

Archived