Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon 25th May - C9.25

James4

This was shot in blue sky which was removed when I used a virtual (created in PS) flat frame. I shot several video segments, stacked in Registax, but end results were poorer then this single frame shot with the C9.25 with a F6.3 reducer, Nikon D5000 - 1/125th ISO 200.

picture.php?albumid=1051&pictureid=17617

Nice image, i can agree sometimes stacking can be better when using a webcam though. You can get some amazing results with a single frame capture with a dslr, for the best results with the dslr you are better taking several single images and stacking them together rather than trying to capture an avi with your dslr.

p.s just had a look at your pics on your profile, nice work

Regards

Ben :(

Thanks Ben! I've been falling away from imaging over the past year - mainly work and weather, but just picked up a CGEM and want to get back on it. Hope I remember the basics next Tuesday for the Venus Transit.

Thanks Ben! I've been falling away from imaging over the past year - mainly work and weather, but just picked up a CGEM and want to get back on it. Hope I remember the basics next Tuesday for the Venus Transit.

Yes i am looking forward to the transit, but from my location it will happen just at sunrise and will only be able to see final stages.

Thats a nice mount you have got there aswell, should get some decent images with it.

Regards

Ben :hello2:

Archived