Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

focusing on SW200P

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone can help me out a little.. I have a SW200P on an EQ5 mount. The problem I have is when using a web cam or DLSR in prime focus I am unable to get the image in focus unless I add a 2* barlow. I can just start to get focus when the focuser is IN as far as it will go..

I have tried adding an extension tube but still no luck..

I can focus with no problems at all when using an eye piece..

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Paul

For the DSLR, you need to use the Direct Camera Connection. Sounds very grand, but it really isn't :(. The 2" to 1.25" eyepiece adapter separates into two pieces. The lower half screws onto a conventional T ring. As far as a webcam is concerned, it should focus fine as it is, so I don't understand what is going on there.

For the DSLR, you need to use the Direct Camera Connection. Sounds very grand, but it really isn't :). The 2" to 1.25" eyepiece adapter separates into two pieces. The lower half screws onto a conventional T ring. As far as a webcam is concerned, it should focus fine as it is, so I don't understand what is going on there.

Oh so simple, and Oh so why did I not see that :(

Well thats the DLSR sorted....

Now what about the web-cam :(

Whilst I can use the 2x barlow, I have concerns that the magnification will be too high and will therfore stop me getting a clear image..

2000mm / 6mm (approx) = 333X magnification....

Hi there, I have a 200p as well and had the same problem. I tried a lower adaptor and it still wasn't low enough. The problem became worse when I tried a focal reducer to increase the field of view of the webcam for dso's. I just couldn't get 'inwards' enough. In the end I bought the low profile skywatcher crayford focuser with 10 to 1 fine focus knob. It was just under £130. I'm really pleased with it and it all works fine now! :(

Oh so simple, and Oh so why did I not see that :(

Well thats the DLSR sorted....

Now what about the web-cam :(

Whilst I can use the 2x barlow, I have concerns that the magnification will be too high and will therfore stop me getting a clear image..

2000mm / 6mm (approx) = 333X magnification....

Glad you're sorted - with your DSLR at least! :)

Archived