NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

help new scope emergency!!!

Hi All,

i hope the change in weather has improved your seeing opportunities, it's been a welcome change for a naked eye viewer, i can tell you!!

Anyway, I've been given a telescope from a mate of mine and it's not working correctly. It's a TASCO 30258 it looks about 1000 years old, but it's in a good condition.

The problem i'm suffering from is that when i look through the telescope with an eye piece in it, (because it comes with more one to confuse me more,) i can't see anything, but when there's no eyepiece i can see things and if i look through the eye piece alone i can also see things!!

please help me i'm so annoyed that i can't see anything

clear skies

fern :D

OK so it's insult you time as I can't think of any other way, sorry in advance, brace yourself. :D

The 'scope will need to be focused before you can see anything, do you know how to do that?

The 'scope will need to be pointed at (ideally) a bright star to help focus it. You can sometimes line up a 'scope by looking down it without the eyepiece as it kind of lights up slightly inside when its pointed at a bright thing.

Best thing to try it on is the moon as its big and bright and so easy to point at, but the daylight option is a good one. Don't try to focus on anything close as it probably won't work. A distant tree or pylon is ideal, at least a mile away is a good start as that will focus similarly to a star when you try it in the dark.

Is the lens cap on? Sorry, but while we're here. :oops:

Do report back and let us know what you find, it will work once you get the hang of it.

Sorry again for being condescending, but I couldn't think of another way. Hope you get it tamed soon.

Kaptain klevtsov

Archived