Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which adapter? Am confused!

I need to find an adapter to step down from the M48 that Skywatcher uses on their focal reducers and coma correctors, to an old manual Atik filter wheel, but I'm having a (hopefully) temporary brain freeze!

Question is, do I need an M48->T2 http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p3504_TS-Adaptor-from-M48--2--filter-thread--to-T2---low-profile.html, or an M48->M42 http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p3736_TS-Adaptor-from-M48--2--filter-thread--to-M42x1---low-profile.html.

I is all confuzzled! :(

M48 to T2, do NOT get the M42 one, you will thread it/your kit :(

Must be said, I'm not a fan of the TS one, it's very very small ... I got one custom machined up.

T2, got it! :). Thanks Stephen :(. Are they available anywhere else apart from TS?

T2, got it! :(. Thanks Stephen :(. Are they available anywhere else apart from TS?

Not that I could find, though I'm sure they must exist elsewhere.

If you are putting your DSLR on the back of it, FLO do the equivalent of a t-ring, but it's an M48-ring so you hook the camera straight to the reducer.

Obviously that's no good for the CCD though.

You can try Googling Astrotec Limited : that's where I got mine made up.

I emailed Bern at MA, and within 30 mins or so he'd replied. Apparently he has a few M48-T2 adapters in stock at £19 apiece, so a bit of a result there :(.

Hope you get on better with it than I did :(

Archived