Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First RGB whitelight

NickK

Whitelight blocking channel with about 250 frames in each RGB channel stacked using registax5.1 then PixInsight aligned using DynamicAlignment for each channel and RGB combined. Dynamic alignment can be done, however you'll need to use inverse for each of the points set up.

No real polar alignment hence the odd differences in framing.

post-22611-133877780219_thumb.png

post-22611-133877780243_thumb.png

What went wrong should have turned the color of,on your capture software,still they gret images your on your way

Cheers pat

There's nothing actually wrong with the colour :(

The image is composed of four channels:

L stack of ~ 250 mono images through neodymium filter

R stack of ~ 230 mono images through a red

G stack of ~ 230 mono images through green..

B stack of ~ 230 mono images through blue.

The fun is without a polar alignment, the target moves and so a slew is required to bring the target back in. The end result is each colour stack is taken with a slight shift between frames and the stacks themselves then exhibit a misalignment (hence the odd colour edges).

To align, because PI will not detect enough points using inverse star align - I had to use dynamic alignment.

I could crop the image to only show the aligned area.. what is interesting is that the colour shows what it actually looks like using a whitelight filter as if I was looking through an eyepiece.

The two images are composed using the rgb colour and hsv colour models, hence the difference in colours. The good point about the hsv is that is shows the sun granularity nicely.

Archived