Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

White tube ED80s

Hi all,

Has anyone got any experience of the TS ED80?

What I'm really after is a clone of Equinox but with a white tube. My main interest is in solar photography so I'm concerned about thermal problems with the thick black Skywatcher tubes.

The TS seems to have an identical spec until you get to the focuser, which is a rack and pinion jobby rather than the somewhat maligned SW Crayford.

I note that Altair look like they're goind to be selling something similar quite soon too.

Any help much appreciated.

Interesting thread, but I can't answer your question.:)

All three have a FL of 500 and one lens of fpl53. Are they from the same source. Mmmmm :(

I like the fact the Altair version comes with tube rings rather than the wee foot.

'White is Right', when it comes to scopes :)

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_468728.gif

Andy.

All three have a FL of 500 and one lens of fpl53. Are they from the same source. Mmmmm :(

That's what I'm hoping! The focusers seem to have some cosmetic similarities, though the white tube ones seem to have longer focuser bodies.

Archived