Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ken Kennedy

saturn5

Just back from a Caithness astronomy group evening where our guest speaker was Ken Kennedy,director of the BAA's aurora section.He gave a talk on NLC's which was superb,a terrific and obviously extremely knowlegable speaker.Didnt realise how complex the parameters needed for the clouds to form were.If ever you get the chance to hear him talk then go,you will enjoy it.

Tomorrow he is giving a talk on Aurora so i cant wait for that.

I was at the Aurora talk in Stirling, well worth going to, very nice guy and also a dab hand on a Ducati.

Yes,he was telling me about doing 140mph at the Isle of Man,not what you would expect from his appearance but as you say,a very nice guy indeed.

It was a real pleasure talking to him.

Ken is one of the good guys, his NLC talk is exceptional.

Make sure you don't miss Andrew Collier Cameron in June, we have had him speak at Sigma twice. He is tremendous.

Delighted to see that the CAG is going from strength to strength, and you have my pic on your home page!!

Please say Hi to Gordon from me,

Bill

Make sure you don't miss Andrew Collier Cameron in June, we have had him speak at Sigma twice. He is tremendous.

Delighted to see that the CAG is going from strength to strength, and you have my pic on your home page!!

Bill

I was totally amazed at the complexity of NLC's so i'm hoping to catch a few this season and report them to Ken.The aurora/NLC connection was very intriguing.

Yes i'm looking forward to Andrew Collier Cameron's talk and will say hi to Gordon.

Is that you looking through the solar scope?

Cheers

Stewart.

Hi Stewart,

That was a good idea to get Ken to do his two talks close together.

Did you get some good solar viewing. It was so hot here yesterday that my eyepiece kept fogging up from the sweat around my eyes.

I'm the guy holding the PST in the bottom left, the day I presented you with the image prize.

Bill

Hi Stewart,

That was a good idea to get Ken to do his two talks close together.

Did you get some good solar viewing. It was so hot here yesterday that my eyepiece kept fogging up from the sweat around my eyes.

I'm the guy holding the PST in the bottom left, the day I presented you with the image prize.

Bill

Sorry for being slower than a Sloth in slow motion.

I've only now just managed to connect your name with your face.:(

Yes we had a good session with the PST.Had a few people look through it for the first time including a little boy we had to stand on a stool so he could see.Once he managed to get his eye lined up there was a big grin of excitement on his face.I always enjoy it when kids get a kick out of something astronomy related.

Stewart.

Bill

Hi Bill. I see you spotted yourself on the CAG website. It seemed appropriate to have you on the homepage amongst the photos of our 1st year of events, as you were so helpful with advice etc for getting us off on the right track.

As you can see CAG have hit a busy period just now and have been very lucky to get such excellent speakers as Ken and Andrew to take the trouble to come to the far north. Together with the transit of Venus (fingers crossed for good weather!) it should make for an extremely memorable 3 weeks.

All the best,

Gordon

Archived