NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AAAAARRRRRRGGGHH!!... Artemitis and 383L+

Hi.. and HELP!!

I have been running my new Atik 383L+ with the provided Artimitis software.

Well between my last successful imaging session and last night I decided to download Nebulosity 3 and give it a try.

Well it seems to work, but frankly I prefer the camera controls in Artimitis, at least until I get dithered guiding going.

Well, I used Nebulosity's fine focus to bring a star to focus, then I closed Nebulosity and started Artimitis.

It point blank refused to recognise the camera.

After various attempts at reinstalling Artimitis/swapping USB ports to force driver reinstallation etc. etc. I finallly gave up. If it wasn't for the fact that Nebulosity was successfully downloading images (with stripes across them.. a function of demo mode) I'd swear the camera was broken.

Oh and the PC is a Lenovo dual core 2.1G with 4G ram and is running Windoze 7 professional.

Can anyone please help.

thanks

Derek

thanks, yes I know.. Neb will be off this evening.

I'm more interested to know if this is a common issue or if it's just my machine.

Thinking about it, I might try installing artemtis capture on another machine I have. Then if that works I can be 100% sure it's just software and will be much more confident pulling the software apart on my machine.

Derek

(trying not to create new problems in solving existing problems)

Removing software and re-installing is all a bit drastic. I can switch between Neb 2 & 3 and Artemis with no problems. Maybe Nebulosity didn't close down fully and still hooked the camera. Always worth checking in task manager and manually kill the process if you have to.

Well trying the camera on the other laptop and all's well.

Whatever I do on the first laptop I just can't make it work. I've rolled back the system to a point in time where I know it worked, I've uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything and no joy.

It's getting near the point where I'm thinking about wiping the disk and starting again with a fresh install of Windoze.

Anyone out there Windoze savvy enough to know what to do?

This is really REALLY infuriating.:(

Derek

I've had Artemis refuse to recognize a camera but it has always been to do with device manager and closing the device.

Atik are very helpful if you drop them a question. I once lost my cooler control after a Windows update and they soon sorted me out. It was to do with the eeprom settings, whatever they are. In case it might give you any kind of clue this was Steve's answer; Looks like one of the eeprom settings has changed. Using Atik Config which should be installed, connect to the camera and press eeprom. Under cooling the value of properties should be 31. If its not enter 31 in the box and press write to memory.

I wonder if you might have suffered something along these lines since when I lost my cooler control it happened on two machines simultaneously (I have two cameras) and was caused by a Windows update. Just wondering if the Nebulosity thing might have been a coincidence, but I'm IT useless so I may be way out.

Olly

Olly

That is exactly the sort of information I needed.

Windoze also had several updates and I wouldn't put it past it not to break everything. (interestingly the other laptop that works is about a week out of date on Windoze updates)

EEPROM.. just the in camera non-volatile memory. It may contain the boot code or settings for boot code held elsewhere (I've designed kit with EEPROM, electronically erasable, programmable read only memory)

I'll try loading up the software you referred to.

many thanks..

Derek

Archived