Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I am truley humbled!

ok.. I saw the ISS pass at 10:55 accompanied with a bright Persied ending right through Cygnus! Next I set up the 400D to driven mount for my first serious go at the milky way in Cygnus... it's still snapping away as I speak. While waiting I got the sun lounger out to catch a few more Perseids. Its now 12:50am and the sky now is flipping awsome! I have never seen the milky way quite like this from my back garden. Its like I can tell its half the galaxy. Almost like a giant M31 when seeing a hint of dark lanes. I dont know if its just due to my eyes adjusting after a good couple of hours out here or if its just great conditions... All I know is I'm sure as hell glad my lens is fixed on it! Im fully restored to the 'What a great hobby this is...' view now. A far cry from those blues in the wet cloudy May-July period. :(

I hope everyone else is having as much fun as me... I think the forum will be buzzing with posts tomorrow!

Vega

I know how you are feeling mate. I wonder if the seeing is exceptional tonight? I've just seen M31 in bino's from my light polluted garden. I've tried before and with averted vision I've kidded myself I could just about see something, but tonight it is as clear as a bell. Magnificent. :) I'm just off for another squiz. :(

I've had two clear nights on the bounce with a new scope. Is this a record? Thursday was possibly better but last night showed me the beauty of open clusters through a decent refractor. I haven't been too fussed about them before but I was observing M29 and friends for ages last night, just staring at the beauty of the stars against a jet black background, something I didn't get with my newt. Then as a finale, scanning through the Milky Way (something that I never thought I would see with my naked eyes from my back garden) was just glorious. This is what it's all about :(. I'm hoping for a third tonight (shhh!) so L'missus can have a look through.

Tony..

Archived