Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Slow Motion Adjustment Cables??

I have a Celestron Powerseeker 127EQ and I notice that the Right Ascension and the Left Declination slow motion cables only adjust very little and then stop. Now I am very new to this so maybe this is normal. It looks as if there is more of the worm gear but it will not adjust. Any thoughts????

Are you sure you've actually locked both the RA and Dec axis? If not, it sounds like a fault in the mount itself. Did it always behave like this or is it a recent development? Did you just buy it new?

Are you sure you've actually locked both the RA and Dec axis? If not, it sounds like a fault in the mount itself. Did it always behave like this or is it a recent development? Did you just buy it new?

It has always done this. I purchased the scope used. I have read a lot of reviews of this scope having a very poor mount. I thought maybe it was an issue of the mount not being tight. I have tried tightening it but still the same.

Archived