focuser o evostar120 ed ds pro

Currently shoppin for above-mentioned score but sure i have see different focousers on them,one black & white,one chrome & gold on dual speed controllers.Is there any difference/or just down to supplier?

The new ones (Black Diamond livery) have a two-speed with the gold knob on one side being the fine speed one. Earlier ones (eg: the gold / white ones) had a single speed crayford. I have an earlier one with a William Optics 2-speed crayford fitted as a replacement to the single speed one.

Cheers john

Have you any idea how these new focusers perform,is there any slip when attatched with cameras?

I'm not an imager so I can't comment on cameras. My heaviest eyepiece / diagonal combination is around 1.5 kg and the William Optics crayford manages that OK although I've had to tighten the tension somewhat !

I imagine the standard crayford might struggle a bit with a heavy camera on board.

Archived