NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M51 & M13

bigal1

Hi folks thought i'd add more data to these two targets plus i've spent all week trying to find out where my noise / streaking problem was coming from and after many hours have got it down to a combination of bad darks ( think there could have been a temperature difference from when i took the lights ) plus a few settings in DSS and also the way i was stretching my images . After figuring a few things out i reprocessed them but i also had half an hours worth more data on both tagrets to add , i'm very pleased with the overall improvement over my first efforts and after taking on board the advise of a few SGL members i kept the background lighter and was also able to increase the saturation both of which i couldn't do before due to the background noise at least now i feel like i might be on the right track :) . Equipment used was an IKI70mm ED scope and a Canon 1000d mounted on a CG-4 unguided , M51 was a total of 2hours in 90 second subs and M13 was a toal of 90 minutes in 45 second subs with matching flats ( which are not working correct yet lol ) and bias but no darks as these were part of my noise problem .

Regards Alan

post-18835-133877775866_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877775874_thumb.jpg

Archived