NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Venus, Saturn and Mars - 12th May

King

These were stacked in AS!2. I agree it is rather good at stacking and seems to handle data that Registax crashes at. I am less in favour though, of its saving factor... Well anyway:

Venus

venus12052012.jpg

Saturn

This is probably the first and last time I ever let my DBK use "auto" settings. The colour is off. I fixed it as best I could without resorting to false colouring... If your monitor is decent you may see Dione, Titan and Rhea circling round the left side of the planet - just barely.

saturn12052012.jpg

Mars

mars212052012.jpg

All taken with the Celestron 8" and TeleVue x2.5 PowerMate/DBK 21.

Beautiful images there I had a nightmare to begin with so only managed to capture Saturn, I can never get the colours quite right though & when I capture Mars it don't quite look real although my first attempts were just an orange blob. I guess it all takes time though. I might have another go at Venus tonight cloudless skies permitting.

Archived