NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Im impressed lol

Well after my post here

http://stargazerslounge.com/showthread.php?t=188725

i spent an hour or two getting to know a minute fraction of what is up there by using my 12*50 bins. A big thanks to mdstuart for putting me on some :)

I found a site (not sure if i can name) which told me what was in the sky tonight for the use of bins, so off i went. I found M13,M44,Coma B cluster,i think M39, and the Coat Hanger. Grabbed Venus,Saturn and Mars obviously as well.

For myself who is a complete numpty newbie at this lol, found the use of stellarium and running outside to my goal and hitting the target :) a doddle. All i can say is, if i can do it, anybody can.

Cant wait to get my 200p and get a better view to start crossing them off the list. I have a few hobbies (dont be angry with me if astronomy isnt classed as a hobby, im learning lol) which i enjoy but i have to say, astronomy just blows your mind away every time and you will never get bored of this ever.

Even with a pair of bins its amazing :headbang:

Clear skies to all

Well done, at least it proves you are enjoying yourself, which is the main thing and the pleasure of finding your target is quite rewarding. Astronomy to most is a hobby, unless you become a professional then its your job, as an Astronomer, but we are, never the less, all amateur Astronomers :)

John.

Archived