Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some pics with my 200P dob and modded MS LifeCam Cinema

WakeyTiger

OK, thought it was about time I plucked up some nerve and posted some of these, captured during my first year of telescope ownership!

This is my best Saturn one, after I finally got the SharpCap settings sorted, still room for focus improvement though.

satcap_pipp3.jpg

Another Saturn, closer up

Saturn004-1.jpg

And even closer!

Saturn003.jpg

Now, on to Jupiter, these are mostly from last year.

IMG_4087.jpg

and closer ..

IMG_4477.jpg

My Mars shots aren't very good yet :

IMG_4616.jpg

And finally - a fantasy mosaic, completely devoid of any true scale, but I enjoyed making it happen!

MoonPlanets.jpg

Comments welcome!

My Saturn pics were my first ones using the webcam, SharpCap, then PIPP to centralise, then Registax, and finally Photoscape to do the final 'tarting up'..

The others were done by Canon Ixus 70, held up to the eyepiece, with no tweaking at all..

I'll put some moonshots on the relevant category.

You'll enjoy it Kirsty. It's easy to get good pics just by holding a digital camera up to your eyepiece.

I've only just started dabbling with image-stacking and a webcam.

Initially it was a step backwards in terms of quality, but its getting better as I learn the settings and techniques.

The 200p is a great scope.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Archived