Celestron 8 SE "clutch" question

Hey all,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to tighten the slip mechanism on a Celestron 8 SE SCT so that there is less play / slack in it ?

I've tried to use the anti-backlash settings in the controller and it doesn't seem like I can get any positive results. I do have a 2" diagonal that weighs almost 2 pounds with the EP installed. I have a counter weight that matches the weight exactly.

I would really appreciate any input on the subject. I finally got clear skies last night and was able to attain perfect star collimation. So I checked out Saturn for the first time with this scope and was even able to see the Cassini division. Fantastic

It's a bit of a job but it can be done there is a comprehensive guide to doing it in the The Nexstar users guide by Michael Swanson

Thanks I'll check it out. I printed up the users guide when I bought the scope used. Unfortunately I didn't know enough about anything to check that out when I picked it up. Live and learn. Thanks again...

It's a bit of a job but it can be done there is a comprehensive guide to doing it in the The Nexstar users guide by Michael Swanson

Looked at the guide and it is not what I thought. I was able to find the book on Amazon and it's on it's way. Thanks again.

Archived