Orrery

SmokeyJoe

Hello, new here, thanks all for making it a relaxed, friendly, helpful community:icon_salut:

Does anyone know where I can get hold of decent plans for an orrery?:hello2: I want to build a working model in CG:) so they have to be relativly detailed.

Thanks

Dom

I'd love to build an orrery from scratch. I think my engineering skills might be sadly lacking though.

Actually, what I'd really like to do is make one in a steampunk style and actually power it using a small steam engine.

James

No way could I build one from scratch but cg that's a different thing :eek:, think I'm going to do the mechanism in traditional brass but have the planets, moons sun etc look as realistic as possible. Going to cover it in a sky dome too so the stars are correct(ish) as you move through the scene. I really like the steampunk idea, not thought about power source. Not strictly needed in CG but will add to the realism.;)

Archived