NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn - April 28, 2012 - Full sets (2)

frewi808

Do you get a lot of good seeing ? Dark site ? Where on the island are you ? At elevation ? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just curious about where my fellow sky watchers at located.

I'm in the Chicago Burbs and it seems like we haven't had clear skies at night for what seems like months... The forecast looks terrible at least until the middle of next week.

Hi GG,

Well I get some great and good seeing a few times a month...

I'm in Hawaii, Oahu island of Honolulu, elevation around 30 feet.

But again, skies are mostly clear here, but seeing can be pretty bad or turbulent.

Freddy

Thanks for the info Freddy, I live 2 miles south of an area with at least 20 new car dealerships which, as you can imagine, puts a lot of light pollution into my Northern skies. I did order a LP filter, hoping that is will eliminate some of it.

In case you are interested, I heard on the news that the Moon is going to be at perigee and full Saturday night. They said it would be brighter and larger than it has been in a while. I'm hoping to get some great images of it... That's if the sky is clear. Wish me luck.

Archived