tube ring nuts

Hi,

First post from me and it's potentially a very silly question. :(

I've recently bought a secondhand Celestron 130eq Newtonian reflector and I've realised after getting it home that one of the nuts that secures the tube rings is missing. I genuinely cannot remember if it was there when I bought it or not or it's got lost in transit but either way I need to get hold of a replacement. Does anyone know where I can get some from? or what the thread spec of the nut is so that I can source a generic one from B&Q this weekend? I'd rather get an original style one if possible though due to the extra diameter making it easy to do up with your fingers.

Thanks in advance

Rich

Hi Rich, you could take the second one to B&Q, see what thread it fits on, then get a nut that fits the same bolt. At least that will get you up & running while you source a proper replacement.

HTH, Ed.

Edit - welcome to SGL !

Hi Ed,

Yeah that's what I was probably going to end up doing. It would be good to know I can get a proper replacement form though. All of the online shops don't seem to sell part like this and the Celestron spare parts website doesn't seem to work for me. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an astronomy shop anywhere near me either.

Rich

Once you know the thread type it may make searching easier as you can then be specific. I got some replacement nuts for my SW tube rings in varying sizes, it was easy once I knew the thread type and size.

Archived