NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Frog

I have a 150p which I regularly use for visual (EQ3-2) and occasionally for imaging (CG5-GT). It's a very capable scope and gives good views. It's really easy to transport and quick to set up. I check the collimation every time I use it and I've found that it rarely needs any adjustment and when it does its never that far out.

The only thing I have found is that cheap eyepieces don't perform so well in it. However, BST eyepieces work well and can be picked up new for around £40 each so not that much more than a cheap eyepiece.

Hope this helps.

Luke

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Frog,

I have owned a 150PL in the past and found it very easy to use.

Gives great views of the planets and Moon.

The larger focal ratio means that focusing does not need to be as precise due to a greater depth of field. Also, it is more tolerant of lower quality eyepieces.

Welcome to the forums

Hi Pete and welcome, if your thinking of getting a 6inch scope the 150p is a great telescope as is the 200p have a look at my blog for loads of info on the 200p, take your time and if you have any questions fire away.:hello2:

Archived