My First Picture of the Moon

LenGazer

Well, after getting my Celestron Astromaster 114eq. i became Hooked on the night sky..

got too looking at various Astrophotography websites and such.. decided too give my Fujifilm Finepix crapola 200 dollar camera a whirl and see what i could capture.. took 22 pictures and only got 1 Good image.. and here that image is...

tell me what yall think!

564988_443630412319456_100000175038974_1918026_2030455206_n.jpg

This was taken around 9:30 PM PST, 4-28-2012. on the southern oregon coast of the US.

was prolly the moisture in the air, I live about 5 minutes walk from the pacific ocean, so figured thats why it tinged a tad blue? either that or moisture in the air. not sure only recently got into photographing the moon and using a telescope, so your guess is as good as mine

i put my camera on a tripod.. pointed and shot

Used a 10 megapixel Fujifilm Finepix S1000fd. After playing around with the settings, finally got a "clear" non blurry image of the moon, than began shooting like a crazy man.

Kinda funny only 1 picture of the 20 some odd i took actually looked good. but thats photography for ya.

Dusted off my old SLR 35mms today going too try and match the settings i have on the Digital camera i used last night, and see what i can get. One of my cameras actually has an adapter too a telescope made in the 70s. gonna slap one camera on that scope and shoot a role, then try my other cameras out without a scope attached and see what i get..

Havent used "Film" in Years... kinda fun getting back into analog photography.

Another tidbid you guys might find funny is the Spotter ring thing that came with my Astromaster 114 was complete garbage...

So while trying too line up venus last night, my pops had a genious idea... throw a rifle scope on the side of the optical tube... worked like a charm! couldnt believe how easy it is now too find stuff with it.

Talk about High Tech Redneck eh? hahahaha

was prolly the moisture in the air, I live about 5 minutes walk from the pacific ocean, so figured thats why it tinged a tad blue? either that or moisture in the air. not sure only recently got into photographing the moon and using a telescope, so your guess is as good as mine

i put my camera on a tripod.. pointed and shot

Used a 10 megapixel Fujifilm Finepix S1000fd. After playing around with the settings, finally got a "clear" non blurry image of the moon, than began shooting like a crazy man.

Kinda funny only 1 picture of the 20 some odd i took actually looked good. but thats photography for ya.

Its good, I wasn't criticizing, so please don't think that was just trying to learn.

Archived