Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Officina Stellare experience?

OK, clearly it's cloudy and the one cloud free night I had yesterday was totally blown to kingdom come by focus issues, so needless to say I started Googling...

Does anyone here sport an Officina Stellare telescope and what's there to say about this company and products?

I'm pondering about future projects, and while most competition is stateside, I wonder what the Italians have on offer.

Used one? Seen one?

I would think so Olly - what a gem that is, the Veloce, but I am looking around for a versatile setup - one that will go from f8-9 to 5ish. The Ceravolo that I showed you certainly has its pros, but then I think gusty wind and I'm not so sure. (And I think Canadian dollars....).

I actually lean more towards truss now, given my particular environment with still air and smog or clear air and a good few knots of wind....

So I'm really looking at Planewave or Officina. Officina obvioulsy being perhaps not cheaper but closer...

And I'll need a travelator from your drive to a setup slot...

The local astrophiles association I'm joint saturday have inside the observatory a Officina Stellare ProRC500, an apo refractor 152mm, an acromatic scope 120mm (i think) as guide, all frome OS and a SolarMax60. The mount are a 10Micron GM4000.

They are very happy about the all the setup.

All the photo you can see on the net about the RC500 are from this observatory, in Officina Stellare site and in TS site also.

But i'm new on astronomy, i'm only put one eye in the apo and i can not evaluate the scope.

Ciao

ponteinfiore2-720x540.jpg

?attachment_id=8143

From what I've heard Officina Stellare telescopes use russian optics (at least refracting ones do) of excellent quality. I'd be interested in a comment from someone who had actual hands on experience with one of their scopes.

Of course, you don't so much buy an Officina Stellare scope to look through, more to look at one :hello2: The OTAs really look like sports cars of the scope world.

JohnHardening thanks for that! Marvellous setup your association has going there! I'm even nervous looking in the extreme other end of the OS catalogue, but if they pull the big ones off, surely they would do a good job on the small ones.

And sure - on a rainy day they look the part too!

We'll see, some plans slowly developing for perhaps next summer or so...

In Italy people speak extremely good about small OS Apo with Lomo lens.

Is the dream of the rainy nights.

I'm new in the association, and i have to learn for a while from this people, now i have to spent time with my cpc1100, i'm not thinking about use the fantastic setup in the observatory, is definitely not on my skills.

Archived