Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Starting help

Hello, i am Richard and been hounded by my mother as she is wanting to get into Astronomy as she now moved to Extremadura in Spain and been amazed by what she can see with the naked eye, but when spending 600-1000 pounds on a telescope she dosn't want to make a mistake on getting wrong one that will turn her away from seeing the mystifying of the night sky.

would you be able to recommend a telescope that don't weigh 2 tones and has a goto on it and is fairly easy for a beginner as i know she not the most tech person around

and is there a idiots guide? yeah i know i'm asking alot :)

Thanks in advance

I think we would all probably come up with a different telescope as our favourite, so what your mother needs at the moment is just a general understanding of telescopes - what types there are, what they use as a mount etc. Have come across this web site which seems to give a basic undcerstanding of all of the above :

6 Things To Know About How To Buy a Telescope for Astronomy

Give it a go and see if it helps. :)

Archived