NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

omega filter, build a filter... help

garethmob

just wondering if some one could give me a little help its a little technical

i found a site where i can get a sort of cheap not as good but ok CaK filter, but i litterly have to put in all of its specs

i found a old ebay sale which has it

Optical Filter Ultraviolet 394DF15 24.4mm CaK | eBay

and it gives its specs as

CWL 394+-3nm, HBW, Size 25.4m +-.25 mm, Unmounted.

the omega filter site is

BuildaFilter | Omega Filters

now i clicked on other, and onto band pass but i got as far as entering the CWL 394 and got confused lol

if any one can help as it would be a better (cheaper) alternative to buying a baader wedge with cak filter or a lunt cak wedge

i'll only be using this filter in a refractor with baader nd 3.8 imaging film on the end and a camera on the eyepeice

thanks guys

gaz

These are very similar specs to the Baader Cak filters...

I bought one and mounted it, with a bit of help from Gaffa tape strips!, into a 1.25" filter holder (Ex-Surplus Shed)

It's been sitting on the desk here for the last month, waiting on some clear skies...

PM me if I can help.

NB this is an imaging filter - NBG for visual.

thats what i was thinking merlin i only want it for imaging mostly in the megrez on the astrotrac i'll only view with a dedicated scope :D

the actual filter dosent come in a 1.25 then?

any ideas how i can imput the specs into the omegafilters buildafilter site?

are they? oh i didnt know that

it seems omega bob is in charge of omega optical the president :p so i might give him a message, see if its poss to get a 1.25 version......

thanks merlin :) wish i never sold the coronado now :(

sent a message hopefully he will reply soon :) )

can i ask a faver please merlin, can you post a image of your filter, just so i can see how im going to mount it?

Archived