NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bobs Knobs Primary springs set up

Hi all,

I have bought some primary springs for my dob's mirror. I don't suppose anyone has a picture of how it is all put together and set up? I have heard you do not need the locking screws after this mod.

Thanks

You need to remove the cell from the cell holder to do this safely (in my opinion) :D

Get the cell holder out of the OTA, then carefully remove the cell by remove all the locking and adjusting screws.

Once this is done you will see three rubber o-rings, this is where the springs should go.

Now, you need longer knobs (bobs locking knobs are ideal) as the spring makes the distance between cell and cell holder longer.

Replace all the adjustment screws with the longer locking screws (which of couse pass through the spring) and you're done.

I have modified all my newts this way, and have not used locking knobs on any of them :)

Thanks for all the help Steven, I have it currently set up:

locking screw (in adjustment screw hole) > plastic runner > mirror holding cell > spring > mirror

I hope this will work out okay for collimation

Archived