NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Q. Aligning my new HEQ5

Well this is frustrating. Had the brand new HEQ5 with synscan plus SW 80ED Pro for a week now, and not one clear night for me yet!

in the meantime though, I have been going through the manuals (in between VCP5 study - now complete!). I am however confused. Between the manual, various other pages, and YouTube videos, I think I am up to 4 different methods of polar aligning and setting the reticule, etc. I have looked at so much material, I am now confused to the stage where it looks difficult and very fiddly to do. I am hoping somebody could assist with some real world best practices on (a) Any initial one time only setup that I should be doing, and (:) The easiest and quickest way to line her up when I do finally get the chance to put it under some clear sky.

Thanks people.

Cool. Thanks. Just downloaded and upgraded my controller with no issues. So does this mean I no longer need to bother mucking about with the polar scope doing all that position to 6 o'clock on the reticule, check the transition date/time from a site on the internet, messing about with the setting circles, etc. etc. ?? That's the bit I cant get my head around :)

Yes thanks. Didn't spot it straight away. So it looks like I just make sure it all points North and follow the instructions. It doesn't mention the use of the polar scope. I will give it a go just as soon as I can see some stars again!

Thanks

Archived