NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Goto dobsonians telescopes.

I have tried to get into astro imaging over the last year or so.Unfortunately I don't seem to beable to devote the time required to master imaging.What I have enjoyed about astronomy in the past is just observing and star gazing for the fun and relaxation.I am therefore considering selling my astro imaging setup to fund a portable observing telescope with a gotoand tracking.I have been looking at the goto dobsonians8 and 10 inch.But any tips on what you would consider a portable observing telescope would be appreciated.I once had a 9 ince f6 newtonian which was a great allrounder,but was not transportable.:rolleyes::)

Thanks,

I think you are more likely to get you answer if you post your question in the ' Discussions - Scopes / Whole setups' section.

It's best to visit a telescope shop or local astrosoc to see a real scope. Real telescope usually looks bigger than they appear in pictures.

Archived